Serial PIC Programmer
This circuit is a simple serial JDM PIC programmer.
How it looks like on a bread board.
PIC Programmer Software
This is a free PIC programmer software : www.ic-prog.com. It can program a lot of micro devices.
Using IC-PROG in Windows 7
I have faced a compatiblity problem while using IC-PROG in Windows 7. If you have some troubles with IC-PROG in Windows 7 try the steps below :
1) Run compatibility mode for Windows XP :
- Run Right click on icprog.exe.
- Select properties.
- Select Compatibility Tab.
- Configure it as the picture below.
2) Use Windows API interface in IC-PROG :
- Select Hardware from Settings menu.
- Select Windows API from Interface part.
- Set I/O Delay 25 (or more).
PIC Assembly Compiler
To compile assembly codes, you can use Microchip’s free assembler tool MPASM. MPASM comes with MPLAB IDE tool.